Copy of Karthäuserhof

Karthäuserhof, Ruwer

Donated to the Carthusian monks in 1335 by the elector of Trier, Kauthäuserhof is the oldest winery in the Rhenish Palatinate.  Run, since the 1980s, by the Tyrell family, the estate continues to produce wines solely from the monopole Karthäuserhofberg vineyard.  On South and South-West facing slopes of a sheltering side valley of the Ruwer, the slate soils, high in iron and minerals, give the wines a distinctive character, clarity and nervy vivacity.

Karthäuserhofberg Riesling Spätlese 2007